Weathering our Storms Together

Weathering our Storms Together
Us....

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Moments Like These.....

THERE ARE TIMES WHEN WORDS JUST CAN'T DO JUSTICE TO WHAT I FEEL IN MY HEART.......THIS WEEKEND AND A FEW TIMES THIS PAST WEEK, THERE HAVE BEEN SEVERAL MOMENTS WHEN THAT'S EXACTLY HOW I FELT.......

Dear Daughter will turn 10 on August 31....we had a "photo shoot" at Fountain Square....when I picked up the prints and started really looking at them, I was saddened (my baby is growing up), awed (and she's beautiful), and inspired (she's one of the sweetest, most sincere people I've ever known).....it was one of *those* moments.

Earlier in the week, on a particularly frustrating day, Dear Daughter sent me a letter, proclaiming her love for me and that she thought that I was the "best Mom ever"..... I have no doubt of her love and devotion, she shows it to me and her Dad daily, but it humbled me, because I in no way feel like the "best Mom ever" ( that would have to be *my* mother :-)

Sweet Son, also tugged at the strings of my heart when he stood up in church Saturday night and proclaimed, with tears coursing down his cheeks, there was no other place he would rather be and that he was thankful for God saving his soul. My heart was warmed again as he dismissed one service last week and said grace at a family meal at my parent's house. The little things I noticed this week like holding his younger guy cousin back from the dinner line, explaining that ladies go first, putting his arm around me to hug me and thanking me for homeschooling him.
*These* moments make life warm.

Handsome Hubby, whom pulls at my heartstrings nearly every hour of every day, pulled over on the road a few weeks ago to pick me some wildflowers (one of my passions). Picking and choosing (and waving a few cars on after assuring them he didn't have car trouble) He delivered them with a kiss and a squeeze of my shoulders....
His encouragement through some very tough days has given me strength and deepened my love for him.
This afternoon, while visiting with my parents, I looked up to see Handsome Hubby coming down the gravel road holding Dear Daughter's hand, again, carrying a big bouquet. They sweet pair had picked for me again, some lovely flowers. Dear Daughter lovingly showed me each flower. Handsome Hubby sneezed and wheezed on the way home (poor guy).

My sweet mother made a wonderful meal, and my Daddy made a campfire for the kids and took them up to the woods, letting the older ones take a turn driving the truck. The kids had a wonderful time with their cousins and I got my "baby fix" with my *adorable* nephew Wyatt.


I love my husband, we are coming up on our 15th anniversary, and my heart still picks up speed when he's coming home, it warms at the thought and touch of him, and I'm always anxious to have time with him and him me. He works hard for us, without complaining, and is always willing to go the extra mile, putting us before himself. He's a winner, through and through.
I treasure his thoughtfulness, I am humbled when I see him go to his building to pray, I am thankful and full of gratitude for the blessings I have.

No, life isn't perfect, there's tough times and rough times.....but it's MOMENTS LIKE THESE that makes the hard times fade, the hurts of life lessen, makes me see the beauty in the rain, feel the calm in the storm, and bask in the beauty of the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a daughter of the King, the wife of a wonderful man, the mother to two caring, earthly children and two heavenly babes...

Followers