Weathering our Storms Together

Weathering our Storms Together
Us....

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I'm in Love with a Gentleman!!!


For anyone who knows Handsome Hubby...you know he's a GENTLEMAN!!! For anyone who knows me, you know I am in LOVE with this guy!



It sometimes seems to me that the pride in being, and the want to be a gentleman disappeared right along with the Middle Ages. LOL..
Since Handsome Hubby never toots his own horn, I will do it for him...I love him for many reasons, but the fact that he is a gentleman ranks near the top.
Learning by his example and what he teaches our son Gentleman:
1.) Tries to be diplomatic
2.) Never makes unkind comments about the food he is served (nor does he grunt or frown about it)
3.Do not make comments about other women, or say things to make his spouse feel badly
4.) Love their children, making time for them, he also helps Mom out with them.
5.) Do not make derogatory comments about his wife's weight, body image, etc
6.) Are not "Macho Men"
7.) Do not strut or try to make themselves be seen
8.) Works like the dickens for his family, always going out of the way to see he shoulders the manual labor.

There is more to the list, but these I really appreciate. I love Handsome Hubby, more everyday.
We'll celebrate our 15 year anniversary this November and I look forward to the next 15 , and the next, and the next...

Sweet Son is 12 and I would love for him to grow up to be as much of a gentleman as his Pop is.
Sometimes I see it as in a few weeks ago, when with friends, he was given something to taste that I'm certain he didn't like, he replied, "Very interesting...must have took a long time to make" harharhar!!!
BUT, he's still a work in progress, as recently when chatting online with a female friend he commented that his sister "thinks I have a crush on you, which I don't, isn't that crazy???"
We gently tried to explain that the comment could make the girl feel bad (and we all know how preteen and teen girls are, right??). That it's best not to make those types of comments.
(BTW, when a 12 yr. old goes out of his way to make it known he doesn't have a crush, I would say be suspicious! ;))
Also, Sunday, when a friend of his was over, he had an (albeit unused) box of soap that he didn't like. He casually handed it to his friend and said, "Here's some soap for you to use, if you like it."
ARGH!!! LOL....again, I had to explain to THINK about what you're saying before it comes out.


Dear Daughter compares almost every male with her Daddy (or sometimes Pappaw, 2 most important men in her life). I hear her say things like, "Daddy would NEVER do that" and "I'm glad Daddy is my Daddy" and "I want to marry someone who is as nice as Daddy". Food for my soul (Handsome Hubby laps this up, too.)

Handsome Hubby is definitely the better half of this whole! Beth







No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a daughter of the King, the wife of a wonderful man, the mother to two caring, earthly children and two heavenly babes...

Followers