Weathering our Storms Together

Weathering our Storms Together
Us....

Thursday, August 27, 2009

DIGGING DEEP......

Does this little guy look familiar to you? Probably so, everyone I know has someone (or several people) in their lives who is a porcupine. Incredibly hard to get close to, and when you try, you're in for a hurt.......


Could be the boss who never has anything kind to say about your work, the acquaintance who never calls unless they need something, the in-law or parent who drives you to your wit's end...whatever, you get the picture.
I am no different than anyone else, there are some people in my life who are bigger porcupines than others. :-) But, being the kind of person I am, once I get hurt badly, I don't want to get close *ever* again. That has probably worked to my disadvantage a lot.
But I have found a porcupine repellent (or at least something that softens the quills)....DIGGING DEEP....that means reaching *way* down inside and coming up with some * GRACE*. My reaction to hurt is to be defensive (as most of us do), but if I work really hard, when someone says something to hurt me on purpose, I can dig way down in the deep part of me and find something positive (without any sarcasm) to say in return, or better yet give a hug.....
Whew...sometimes that's hard when what I *really* want to do is say what's on my mind. BUT, that usually doesn't work, because acting like a porcupine doesn't solve any problems either (besides the fact that I have to go apologize).
So when some one provokes you with unkind words, doubts your actions, criticizes you, tests your faith, questions your beliefs, seems unable to give love, or is just down right mean....
DIG DEEP.....there's satisfaction in mining some *Grace*.




Oh, yes, BTW, this guy probably looks familiar too. The *TEDDY BEARS*.....soft, cuddly, comforting, always there,fun to snuggle, dependable, easy to love, and has a great listening ear...Handsome Hubby is my Teddy Bear....he's a lot cuter than this one, though....:-)

Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a daughter of the King, the wife of a wonderful man, the mother to two caring, earthly children and two heavenly babes...

Followers