Weathering our Storms Together

Weathering our Storms Together
Us....

Monday, July 27, 2009

A Lady Liberated.....


Liberate: To set free.........this afternoon coming home from groceries, dropping off 4-H projects, and other errands, I was, once again, sickened as I listened to a program on NPR (I know, what can I expect?). The program was about women...their importance, their power, their LIBERATION...
ARGHHHH.
Somehow, a woman slave to her work, thoughts, power and achievements is considered liberated...and somehow along the way a female who stays at home, cares for her children, likes to cook, ect. is looked at as ignorant, tied down, repressed or all of the above. :-(
And let's not mention that God created a woman to be a "help meet" to her husband.

Genesis 2:20
And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an HELP MEET for him.
Now don't get me wrong, I appreciate women in all walks of life and their achievements (hey, girls invented paper bags, windshield wipers, and DISPOSABLE DIAPERS!!). But I'm saddened as women feel they have to be the equivalent of men and are continuously competing to "one up" the male gender, I'm most sorry for the children of these women.
For me I am:
Financially dependant upon my Handsome (hardworking) Hubby
Happy to have a door opened for me
Glad to be a stay at home wife and mommy (Mom these days)
Happy to budget and cut cost anyway I can
Loving to have a hot meal on the table for Handsome Hubby
Not bothered at all to iron Handsome Hubby's clothes and fold his undies
Relieved to have Handsome Hubby have the final say in tough decisions
Thrilled to hand over the pickle jar to "muscles" when I am "incompetent) LOL
and Feeling very LIBERATED to be a pink loving, dress wearing, worm hating, hubby loving, kid doting, cake baking kind of Lady.
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a daughter of the King, the wife of a wonderful man, the mother to two caring, earthly children and two heavenly babes...

Followers