Weathering our Storms Together

Weathering our Storms Together
Us....

Wednesday, May 26, 2010




FRIENDSHIP


Have you ever met the person that is *so* your friend when they need something from you? Or the person who is your friend to your face but not behind your back? Or the friend who couldn't keep the personal info told to them in confidence? Or maybe the friend who doesn't come through when you need them the most? Or you may have even met the friend who won't ask/tell something to you face to face, but is more than willing to go to someone else? Perhaps you've met the "needy" friend as well who just can't seem to get by without getting something from you on a regular basis? Or the friend that when you see their name on the caller ID you cringe, knowing it's a "favor request" since that is the only time they contact you? I'm using the word "friend" quite loosely here if you haven't guessed.....

I think we all have these types of people in our life, and if you let it, it can drag you down. The feeling of always having to live up to the person's needs and expectations....But what's on my mind is not these folks, but their polar opposites. TRUE FRIENDS

A TRUE FRIEND is a friend for life. Period. No matter the occasion or event. They don't cheat you, participate or encourage gossip about you or your loved ones. They don't dis you when your views aren't the same or you have differing opinions. They come through for you every time, they listen, they care. I think friends like these are few and far between in life. I have people in my life that I care about, love to talk to, enjoy hearing from and am happy every time I see them.....but not all are true friends.
I am a saved, born again, Heaven bound person, so my truest friend is my savior, Jesus Christ. He's all of these things and more importantly, he's my redeemer. And being the Awesome Savior he is, I think he provided people in our lives that make a profound difference. Those who immediately come to mind when you NEED someone to talk to, a shoulder to cry on, an unbiased ear...
A TRUE FRIENDSHIP doesn't change as the years pass, you pick up right where you left off, be it a couple of days passed, or a couple of decades. A TRUE FRIENDSHIP isn't hinged on phone conversations everyday, matching necklaces, or dinner invitations.....but on a connection for which there are no words, written explanations, or just expression, but that just IS.

TRUE FRIENDSHIP is a blessing......

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a daughter of the King, the wife of a wonderful man, the mother to two caring, earthly children and two heavenly babes...

Followers