Weathering our Storms Together

Weathering our Storms Together
Us....

Tuesday, November 23, 2010



Comfort is what is on my mind today, I jotted a few lines down below while I was considering what "comforted" me. Simple things that bring joy to my heart and contentment to my life There are things that are comforting to me that aren't sure or certain or even long-lasting, but I am thankful for none the less.

I think that it is important that we take the time to comfort those in unfortunate situations, those who are scared or in need. The human touch is powerful. God's touch is divine. I'm thankful for the "only a little while" blessings in my life, but I am most thankful for my salvation and how real it is. Ultimately, that's all that will matter. But while I am here...I want to pray often, forgive quickly, love deeply, and put my *faith* in the unfailing. Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow may not come, but we do have today......






Comfort

The chiming of the church's bells,
the singing of old hymns;
Kittens basking in the sun,
Conversation with my friends.

Holding hands with my husband, dear,
Seeing my children sleep;
spending time with my parents,
a pasture of grazing sheep.

A kiss upon my cheek from the
children God gave to me;,
A rainbow after a storm,
The shadow of a big oak tree.

Cows munching in pastures green,
Wind chimes playing a tune;
The sound of mama's laughter,
Finding the face in the moon.

The smell of Daddy's work shop,
The sound of Pa calling the cattle;
Being held by Jarrod,
a thoughtful game of scrabble.

The sweet, woody smell of
Pa and Nanny's front door,
The purr of my orange cat;
The feel of my blankets
when I'm worn out flat.

The sound of my name said in prayer,
the knowing for sure that I will be *there*,
Not a maybe, or I think, or perhaps I will be...
But a *for certain* where I will spend my eternity...

Comfort here is fleeting, a moment, a wisp,
but salvation is the only comfort for the life after this......

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a daughter of the King, the wife of a wonderful man, the mother to two caring, earthly children and two heavenly babes...

Followers